Attention Applicants for Minor Hockey Associations
Due to recent policy changes from Canadian Tire Jumpstart in 2017, all applicants requesting financial assistance from P.R.O. Kids for their child to play Minor Hockey in Greater Saint John, must first apply to Jumpstart in order to be considered for any additional funding from P.R.O. Kids.
Parents are encouraged to apply to Jumpstart in the following ways.
- Parents should apply first for The Big Play, a program offered by Jumpstart and the Hockey Canada Foundation, which gives kids ages four through 18, the opportunity to play organized hockey by providing up to $500 in funding per year.
- If parents are denied funding for The Big Play, they can also submit a regular Jumpstart application online. Jumpstart can provide up to $300 in funding that can be used for minor hockey registration fees or hockey equipment purchased at local Sport Chek or Canadian Tire Stores.
Families are welcome to apply to P.R.O. Kids along with their application(s) to Jumpstart.
The following conditions will apply:
- P.R.O. Kids will not provide additional funding for any child who receives funding through the Big Play program.
- P.R.O. Kids will not provide funding for any applicant, unless they provide proof (via forwarded e-mail from Jumpstart) either demonstrating their approval for Jumpstart funding, or their denial for Jumpstart funding
- Combined funding from Jumpstart and/or P.R.O. Kids will not exceed $500